Another fantastic orchid show come and gone. We spent 3 hours in a car to get there from NYC, anticipating the beautiful things we'd see. And what do my friends and I do first? Why hit the sales tent of course.
- Aerangis hyaloides -- an entire compot in flower!
- Anoectochilus burmannicus
- Anoectochilus albo-lineatus
- Bromheadia brevifoli (mounted, adorable pointy green leaves)
- Bulbophyllum comingii
- Cynorkis fastigiata (I know, I know, it's a weed, go away)
- Dendrochilum javieri
- Dendrobium normandbyense
- Dend. tosaense
- Dend. Angel Baby (fantastic awesome hybrid, and covered in buds)
- Dend. Aussie Chip (another one, yes)
- Habenaria medusa (yes I've lost my mind)
- Podochilus muricatus (mounted, adorable rounded green leaves)
- Stenoglottis woodii (adorable fat little green leaves)
- (SLC Dream Cloud x BLC Love Sound)
Once the shopping was done, I could begin the important business of taking lots and lots and lots of photographs. Lots and lots. Ooh, lots.
(All this happened in March, of course, and here I am only now remembering to finish & publish the post. So a few updates are going to overlap this...o well.)